[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing numpy on mach-o python

Chris Lee cjl@physics.otago.ac.nz
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:48:59 +1300

Numeric version 20.0
Python version 2.1

running setup_all.py install results in error messages like...

cc -bundle -undefined suppress build/temp.darwin-1.4-Power =
Macintosh-2.1/_numpymodule.o build/temp.darwin-1.4-Power =
Macintosh-2.1/arrayobject.o build/temp.darwin-1.4-Power =
Macintosh-2.1/ufuncobject.o -o build/lib.darwin-1.4-Power =
Macintosh-2.1/_numpy.so
/usr/bin/ld: -undefined error must be used when -twolevel_namespace is in =
effect
error: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1

and numerous skip messages like...

skipping Src/arrayobject.c (build/temp.darwin-1.4-Power =
Macintosh-2.1/arrayobject.o up-to-date)

I think the main problem is that I know enough about unix to be dangerous =
and not to usefull

cheers
chris