[Pythonmac-SIG] First Experience, Unix Python vs. MacPythonand Science

Bob Savage bobsavage@mac.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:35:46 -0600

>> Right now I
>> just open a pipe to GnuPlot and issue my graphing commands to GnuPlot, which
>> relays them to Aquaterm via Cocoa's distributed object mechanism.
>
> what about gnuplot.py?
>
> http://www-heller.harvard.edu/~mhagger/Gnuplot/Gnuplot.html

Yeah, I'm just massively lazy so I never downloaded it :P. GnuPlot.py should
work fine for sending the commands from Python to GnuPlot it does the same
thing "under the hood" if I'm not mistaken, but it adds support for the
NumPy matrices, IIRC. Aquaterm and GnuPlot would still communicate the same
way.

Bob