[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [HELP!] PC Line Endings? Batch file replacement

Martin Miller mmiller@adobe.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:49:32 -0800

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:53:51 -0500, Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
wrote:
> Folks,
>
>         I'm attempting to use TWISTEDMATRIX, at home... But failing, due to
> line endings...
>
>         I can't find the setting in Stuffit Expander to automatically fix
> the line endings anymore,
>         so I'm assuming it's not available in there...
>
>         So, does anyone have a suggestion, on how to fix several hundred
> text files, without
>         having to use BBEDIT Lite and manually do it?
>
>         Suggestions *ARE* welcome...
>
>                         - Benjamin

As others have pointed out, you can probably do this with BBEdit's batch
processing. To answer you original question about Stuffit Expander (I
have v5.1.4), if you lanunch it and pick Perferences from the File menu,
there's a Cross Platform icon on the right. Select it, and there's a
switch titled "Convert text files to Macintosh format:". The two choices
are "When a file is know to contain text" and "Never".

Hope this helps (it's worth knowing, anyway).

Best,
Martin