[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS9, cvs & ssh (sorry)

Francois Granger fgranger@altern.org
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:28:30 +0100

At 13:50 -0800 16/02/02, in message Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS9, cvs &
ssh (sorry), Alexandre Parenteau wrote:
>Francois,
>
>I'm using MacCvs without MacSSH tunnel. I.e. You can directly put the
>sourceforge address into the MacCvs host.
>
>MacCvs is using the identity of MacSSH (see the ssh preferences).
>
>Try that, but it doesn't explain why you cannot commit.

Thanks to answer this SOS ;-)

But I still can't do what I want, and I still don't understand.

I did tried what you suggest:

In Mac cvs, in the windows opened by menu Edit->Preferences,
in the field 'Host adress', i put: 'cvs.frpython.sourceforge.net'
instead of '127.0.0.1'
In the field 'Path:' I keep '/cvsroot/frpython'

The console window display the following:

NEW CVSROOT: fgranger@cvs.frpython.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/frpython
(ssh authentication)
cvs -z9 checkout /translation/fr/src/mac (in directory HD:PyDoc:cvs folder:)
cvs server: warning: cannot make directory CVS in /: Permission denied
cvs [server aborted]: cannot make directory /translation: No such
file or directory

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

"Ca me gonfle"
Sorry, this is bad french slang....

And I don't have any 'ssh preferences' inside Mac cvs.

So I guess that i am missing something obvious, but what ????