[Pythonmac-SIG] Rumor: test_socket and test_email don't work on OS9.

keith nemitz      keithn@2xtreme.net
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:51:47 -0800

Hello,

I was told by an experienced python and mac person that test_socket and
test_email don't work on OS9. And worse, the underlying modules don't
work either, due to problems with OpenTransport under OS9. I believe I
have encountered this problem.

Can anyone confirm a positive experience for using the sockets modules
and email modules under OS9. What exact version do you have?

I have OS 9.0.4. running on a Pismo Powerbook G3 (firewire).

 Perhaps I can upgrade OpenTransport or the OS itself. I am not ready to
upgrade to OS-X.

appreciate your help,
Keith