[Pythonmac-SIG] Python for Mac OS X (again)

Aureli Soria Frisch aureli@ipk.fhg.de
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:02:43 +0200

>Both for Tkinter and for wxPython you need a framework build of
>Python. This rules out the current fink distribution, which is a
>static Python. There's a good framework Python distribution at the
>wxPython site.

What is the difference between a framework build of Python and a static Python?

>At some point in the future my MacPython page will be updated, but I
>just don't have the time for it right now. Also, things will become
>a lot simpler when Python 2.3 is going to appear, as then there's
>really no reason anymore to use the old MacPython if you're on OSX,
>as the new MacPython (currently referred to as MachoPython) will be
>a unix-Python based framework build with all the goodies people
>expect from MacPython.

Sounds great!! When it is planned Python 2.3 for OS X to appear?

Thanks. Best regards
--
Aureli Soria Frisch

post: Pascalstr. 8-9, 10587 Berlin, Germany
e-mail: aureli@ipk.fhg.de
fon: +49 30 39006-143
fax: +49 30 3917517
web: http://vision.fhg.de/~aureli/web-aureli_en.html