[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython on multiprocessor OSX 10.1

Daniel Brotsky dev@brotsky.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:25:18 -0700

>On 23.10.2001 at 16:36 Uhr, jack@oratrix.nl (Jack Jansen) wrote:
>>Folks,
>>when 10.1 was still not officially out I got some notes that seemed to
>>suggest that the problem with MacPython on a multiprocessor OSX
>>machine (it would hang during I/O, usually already in
>>ConfigurePythonCarbon) is gone in 10.1.

Actually I get this on my Titanium (single-processor) G4 running
under 9.2.1.  After the "Copy or Alias" dialog (which I get because I
installed 2.2.1 while booted under 10.1 on the OS X disk), if I
choose "Copy" I get a hang almost every time, but if I choose "Alias"
it always works.

Does anyone else see this?

     dan