[Pythonmac-SIG] tkinter question

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:41:28 +0200

> Thanks for the reponse Jack, I appreciate the help. One thing of note, I'm
> actually running Mac OS 9, I don't even have OS X on my machine yet (waiting for
> a few more programs to be upgraded) and I'm still getting that error. I
> shouldn't be running Carbon, should I?

On OS9 you have the choice. On OS8 you can only run Classic (unless you
install CarbonLib yourself, but lets skip that for the moment), on OSX you can
only run Carbon (if we ignore the classic box for now) on OS9 you can run both.

Carbon has a couple of modules Classic is missing, and it's on the path to the
future, so that's why the Python installer configures Carbon by default if
both are possible.
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm