[Pythonmac-SIG] Python-friendly Databases for the Mac

Bob Savage bobsavage@mac.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:56:56 -0600

'Lo, all.

I did a small program using Gadfly and it worked quite nicely at first, but
as my data collection revved up I blew out the engine's capability, due to
its "in memory" model. If I remember correctly I was adding 10,000
datapoints (records) per month. If you aren't going to have anything near
that number of records, it should be fine. One great thing is it uses the
standard Python database interface, so you could use it to start, and switch
to a different backend that is compliant with Python-DB API 2.0 without much
trouble, if you need to do so later.

best of luck,

Bob