[Pythonmac-SIG] Macintosh TK / Fatal Error, fix?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 07:31:33 -0500

Jack,

	I was going to do some more experimentation before I
	replied...But...

	The problem with this is, that MacPython lockups the
	entire system after the Panic message.

	I am forced to "Force-Quit" the MacPython application
	to regain control...

	But before I left work, I found something out...

    if handle == None:
        rootWindow = Tkinter.Tk()
        rootWindow.withdraw()

	If I comment out the    rootWindow.withdraw()
	everything works, without any evident problems...

	Now I see this being a slight problem....

		1) It works on CPython on the PC...
		2) The "Rootwindow", aka the Tkinter Console
			window, is visible.... I don't like that
			extra window being visible...

	Is there some reason that code should be causing a problem?
	(Am I coding something wrong with the withdraw?  Is there
	a better way?)

	(BTW Jack, thanks for the quick reply, hopefully this isn't
	too bad of a issue...)

			- Benjamin