[Pythonmac-SIG] Macintosh TK / Fatal Error, fix?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:37:15 -0500

Is there any known issues with the following modules?

	tkMessageBox
	tkFileDialog

I realize there are true Macintosh replacements/ equivalents, but I'm
attempting to make cross-platform code, which means that I'm limited by the
PC python code.

    if handle == None:
        rootWindow = Tkinter.Tk()
        rootWindow.withdraw()
        flag = tkMessageBox.askyesno (title = "Modify Previous INI File?",
                                      message = "Do you wish to load a
previously created INI File?")
        if flag:
            filename = tkFileDialog.askopenfilename()
            if filename <> "":
                handle = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
                handle.read (filename)

The above code, will cause a TK/Tcl panic on the macintosh (Macpython v2.11,
OS v9.21), which forces me to Force Quit the program...

If I comment out the entire sequence, we're fine....

The error is:

	Menu ID 256 is already in use! Fatal Python Error: Tcl/Tk Panic

Any suggestions are MORE than welcome...

		- Benjamin