[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1b2 available

TattooMabonzoK. TattooMabonzoK.
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:44:30 +0200

On Tuesday, March 27, 2001, at 11:42 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Folks,
> a 2.1b2 installer is available via
> http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html . It has all problems fixed (or
> mentioned in the release notes:-) that were discussed here over the
> last week.
>
> I'll advertise it more widely tomorrow, so please let me know quickly
> about problems.

This is on Mac OX 10.0 (build 4k78)

As with B1:
	- At the end of the installation I still get the dialog re: Finder
activity
	- At the end of the installation I get a "The application
ConfigurePythonCarbon has unexpectedly quit." dialog

Launching ConfigurePythonCarbon manually:
	- correctly detects that there's an old-no-longer-correct prefs file
and offers 3 options (no too clear hear what's the behavior: I assume if I
click continue, the old prefs file won't be deleted right? I chose the
default option (remove and quit)
	- I get the "Python on non-boot partition..." dialog. Since a on Mac
OS X and Python is @ /Users/Shared/Hacking/ there are no Extensions folder
anyway. Either the message is inaccurate or there's no such a need
(copying PythonCore to the Extentions folder). Anyway I chose 'Copy' and
the same dialog poped up once again. I chose 'Copy' once more and it then
proceeded in building all applets.

Now python seems to be working but the UI is still FUBAR and makes
debugging essentially unpractical with the IDE

Keep on the good work!

= tmk =