[Pythonmac-SIG] Issue with W

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:48:03 +0100 (CET)

Quoting Francois Granger <fgranger@altern.org>:

> When I try to run this with PythonInterpreter 2.0 (final) I get the
> following...
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "HD:Dev:scripts:tictactoe.py", line 11, in ?
>      import W
>    File "HD:Python 2.0:Mac:Tools:IDE:W.py", line 5, in ?
>      from Wbase import *
>    File "HD:Python 2.0:Mac:Tools:IDE:Wbase.py", line 702, in ?
>      _cursors = {
> Mac OS Error: (-192, 'Resource not found')

You either need to open Widgets.rsrc, or (easier) copy it's content to your own
res file. (In case you wonder how to include a res file in an applet: create a
res file in the same folder as your main program, and call it the same, except
ending in .rsrc instead of .py. BuildApplet will then copy the resources from
that file to the applet.)

Just