[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed issues with Applet/Applications?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:40:02 +0200

> Hi, I wrote a script which allows me to decompress from a .ZIP file, and
> appropriately sizing names of files that are longer than 31 characters.
>
> However the problem I am encountering, is that when I run the script in the
> Python IDE, it runs at full speed.  When I run the script as a standalone
> application or applet, then it runs VERY SLOW!

I have absolutely no idea what could cause this. Have you tried your script
under PythonInterpreter in stead of the IDE? Does it then run slow or fast?

If your script isn't too big (and works with any ZIP file) you can send it to
me and I can have a look...