[Pythonmac-SIG] Interpreter on Mac

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:06:10 +0200

Recently, Doug Wyatt <doug@sonosphere.com> said:
> If I remember correctly, the End key generates an ASCII 4, ^D, which a
> lot of Unix code would interpret as an EOF ...

It's SIOUX. I just looked at the code, and it explicitly convert
ctrl-D and ctrl-Z to end-of-file. So, if End indeed generates 0x04
then that's what causes this.

The bad news is that it's difficult to fix, because I don't really
want to muck with Sioux. The good news, however, is that the IDE
probably doesn't have the problem, and people should be using the IDE
for interactive work anyway:-)