[Pythonmac-SIG] Future of MacPython? (Was: Type/creator issueswith MacPython on OS X)

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:59:57 -0700

on 01/6/20 03:44 PM, John W Baxter at jwblist@olympus.net wrote:

> At 21:54 +0200 6/20/2001, Dinu Gherman wrote:
>> I do wonder, though, if maintaining two radically different
>> OS (even if closely tied together - well, in one direction)
>> makes sense on the long run, but yes - that's an entirely
>> different story...
>
> In the short long run, both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X will be maintained.  In
> the long long run, there will be only X, but likely still both the Carbon
> way and the Cocoa way.  In the really long long run, we're all dead and it
> doesn't matter.

Don't forget, somewhere between the long long run and the really long long
run, there will be OS XI, OS XII, etc.  %-)

--

Dethe Elza
Chief Mad Scientist