[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Type/creator issues with MacPython on OS X

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:48:46 +0200

File Exchange... I completely forgot about that one! That'll make
Python files appear correctly on DOS zipdisks and such.

What I would really like is if the installer (either the Vise
installer, preferred, or ConfigurePython) would automatically
teach Internet Config and File Exchange about .py files (and possibly
also about .pyc/.pyo).

Is this a good idea? Is there anyone in the audience whos familiar
with this stuff and can give me some hints on how to do this (or,
better, working code:-)? I know how to train IC, with the Python
interface we have, but I know nothing of File Exchange...