[Pythonmac-SIG] PyOpenGL for OS X / OS 9?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:46:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, John Schmitt wrote:

> Has anyone tried to build PyOpenGL for the Mac?  If not, what is involved in
> making that work?
>
> What about GLUT for Mac OS X?  I can't find the link for Mesa for the Mac
> anymore.  Any guesses about the OS X status for any of that?

Haven't tried to use it yet, but OSX comes with both OpenGL & GLUT :
look in /System/Library/Frameworks/

You don't need Mesa for OSX, but it's been ported to Darwin:
<http://www.darwinfo.org/ports/show.php3?node=X11/libraries>
and I suppose that it would also work on OSX under X11.
(I haven't tried this myself, either -- maybe after I install
 XFree86 4.1 ... )

 I have no idea whether the OSX OpenGL can be made to work
 under X11. With the rootless X11 server under OSX/Aqua comming
 along, it would be nice if all the various configs could mix
 and match.

-- Steve Majewski