[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: MacPython 2.1.1c2

Scott Griffitts scott@griffitts.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:23:53 -0500

This install gave me the same problems on my G3 running OS 9.1 that I had
with 2.1.  During the install I get a dialog prompt warning me of a
preexisting preference file in the system folder.  (This file didn't exist
when I installed 2.1 and I trashed it when I installed 2.1.1)  The dialog
box gives you the option of continuing or quitting and rerunning
configurecarbon.  If I continue, the install appears to finish correctly.
However, when running the IDE a second apple menu appears.  When quitting
the IDE the menu bar becomes filled with gibberish and then the finder
crashes.  If I choose to quit the install and rerun configurecarbon, the
finder crashes.  After reboot and running the IDE, it experiences the same
menu bar/finder crash explained above.

With both 2.1 and 2.1.1 I have completely removed the classic/carbon install
and did a custom install of classic only and it works fine.