[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1.1c2 available

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:30:51 -0700

At 13:08 +0200 7/26/2001, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Folks,
>there's a 2.1.1c2 installer available in
>http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer . I think this is
>complete, but please try it.
>
>And I mean that: the c1 installer was tested by exactly one person (at
>least, that's how much feedback I got),...

I installed on (US English) Mac OS 9.1 on My Dual 533 (384 meg).  This is
the Mac OS 9.1 partition which is *not* used with Classic under Mac OS X.
I used the full installer.

I had no problems...I was able to induce the tests which crash in "small"
memory not to crash by stretching my virtual memory and giving the
interpreter 400,000K.

I haven't yet tried anything useful.  MacPython had not been installed on
this partition previously.

I've installed "mainline" Python 2.1 under Mac OS X...I don't have a need
to also install MacPython there...or at least I don't yet know I have a
need.  So I haven't tried that.

  --John