[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing pygame on MacPython classic

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:14:43 -0700

I don't have any answers, but I've got a big ME TOO for the interest.
I've had PyGame sitting in my "Install this stuff" folder for a month or
so now waiting for me to screw up the courage to figure out how to
install the damn thing.  Kinda takes away some of the benefit of python
when it's that difficult %-)

So, if anyone does have an answer, you'll have my gratitude in addition
to David's.

BTW, is there anywhere that Mac-specific python extensions are being
archived, so we don't have to keep doing this song and dance?  Not all
of us keep up to date with CodeWarrior, or want to.  If there isn't,
is anyone interested in putting heads together to figure out where we
should put one (an archive, that is).  There's some interesting work
going on in PythonLand about a CPAN for python, perhaps we can butt
in there and insist that they include better support for Macs?

--Dethe

--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)
Chief Mad Scientist