[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling mxTextTools for the MAC

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:47:31 +0200

> OK, I am not even going to pretend to be able to add functionality to
> macpython-distutils. I wish I had those skills, but I'm just not there yet.
> Is it possible, as a temporary solution, to generate the xml project file
> from the setup.py file and manually import it to codewarrior?

Well, what you could do is to manually (in codewarrior) create the
project for the item that distutils complains about on the mac. Then
build it yourself, and comment out the build instructions in setup.py.

How feasible this is (and how easy) I don't really know without
knowing the package....