[Pythonmac-SIG] Double CLickable

Michael J Barber mjb@thp.Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:58:22 +0100

There are several possibilities to do this.  Probably the best known is
a control panel called Finderpop.  It does a lot more than that as well,
and is "pintware."

I personally use a CMM called "OpenUsing."  You can set things up so
that the Python IDE will appear at the top of the contextual menu when
you click on a file that ends with .py or has the right file type.  You
have to do some playing around with folders and aliases, but the result
is rather nice.  I wrote some AppleScripts to make setting up the
type-sensitive folders easier; the author of OpenUsing said he would
like to include them in the OU distribution, but I'm not sure if he's
done that yet -- email me if you want them.  Freeware.

There are a number of other CMMs like this, but I haven't tried them.
You can find them on VersionTracker, of course.