[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't quit

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:22:36 -0800

mark brady wrote:
> I'm new to the sig, so pardon me if this is an old question.

Yes, it is, but I'll give you a short answer anyway.

> When I import Tkinter and use it to create any window, I am
> unable to quit Python IDE (version 1.5.2c1).  I have to reboot
> to get out.  Sometimes, when the close box is clicked the created
> window will not go away, other times it will.

You can't use tkinter with the IDE, their mainloops get al confused with
each other.

To use use tkinter on the Mac, your best bet is to write your scripts in
an editor, save them as type "PYTH", and double click them to run them
in the interpreter. You can't use the interactive interpretter very well
with tkinter either. For more suggestions, take a look at the achives.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,
Ph.D.