[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: time and MacPython 2.1a2

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:31:50 +0100

> I've just noticed that on Mac OS X PB, time.time() as well as some =
> related time functions (os.path.getmtime()) return *negative* values. =
> The doc says that time.time() expected behavior is to=20
>
> "
> Return the time as a floating point number expressed in seconds since =
> the epoch, in UTC. Note that even though the time is always returned as =
> a floating point number, not all systems provide time with a better =
> precision than 1 second.
> "

Oww, blech. And I just checked in a mod to the Python repository to work
around this.

I'll have a look to see what caused the time to go negative. I think it may be
the new carbonized GUSI library we use.