[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test the 2.2 installer

Mark Day mday@mac.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:53:47 -0800

on 12/21/01 3:56 PM, Jack Jansen at jack@oratrix.nl wrote:

> I think MacPython 2.2 is ready. The first installer is in
> http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/MacPython22full.bin

I tried installing it on 9.2.2.  It seemed to install fine until it got to
the point of launching the configure program.  It launched
ConfigurePythonCarbon instead of ConfigurePythonClassic.  At that point, the
machine was hung, and I rebooted.  After the reboot, I tried launching
ConfigurePythonClassic.  That hung, too, but I was able to force quit it.
When I ran ConfigurePythonClassic again, it seemed to run and set things up
OK.

-Mark