[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG digest, Vol 1 #929 - 12 msgs

Jeff Harmon jeff.harmon@adobe.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:44:23 -0800

on 12/19/01 09:01 AM, pythonmac-sig-request@python.org wrote:

> The interpreter works for me on OSX (10.1), but when I try to load a shared
> lib that is linked against PythonCoreCarbon, I get a fatal error. Also, I
> can't run the Python Prefs utility.

I haven't gotten to a point of stability where I can see if I can use any
glued DLLs.  OBTW - Jack!!!  Both the MacPython IDE and Interpreter fail for
the same reasons but the IDE leaves me without access to a prompt so I can't
hack/recover after I "die" there.  The interpreter shows me a command prompt
(if I return) at the point of failure so I can hack that one and get macfsn
to import, etc. after editing sys.path[].

> Jeff - is this similar to the problem you're having? Since you're here, I'm
> seeing it when my AE plug-in (which is linked against Python) is
> dynamically loaded by AE.

Sounds very similar.

JR