[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.2c1 configure bug

Steven Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:03:48 -0500 (EST)

I assume this is on OSX your asking about.

When I configured  --with-suffix=.x, as I usually do, I saw that the
executable got installed as 'python.exe'. ( I think the copy in the
source directory was named 'python.x' ). I tried configure again
without the --with-suffix switch, and it build it as 'python.exe',
but installed it as '/usr/bin/python' .

2.2c1 seems to build and install properly without any switches --
it doesn't seem to need --with-dyld anymore either.

The error message you're getting at the end looks like it's
unconnected to the name or case sensitivity. ( But I'm not
sure what it IS connected to! )

-- Steve Majewski