[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.2 compile problem

Nathan Heagy nathan@vividworks.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:27:35 -0600 (CST)

This seems to be a bug in the assumptions in setup.py for OS X. Please
correct me if I'm wrong, but line 461, "# OSX has an old Berkeley curses,
not good enough for the _curses module." hints that perhaps the
possibility that OS X may have been upgraded to gnu ncurses is not
considered. This would then be a bug. For example, this is exactly what I
have done.

I am still no closer to locating what is telling make to build the curses
module. And help to this is greatly appreciated. It seems ridiculous that
no one on this list knows where this is being done.

Nathan