[Pythonmac-SIG] Rez and resources on OSX (vs. bundle/package)

Steven Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:53:40 -0500 (EST)

I was recently trying out some sample code -- looking at how the new
Carbon Event model works -- and I tried building the same code from
both Project Builder and the command line tools.

Instead of building a package, I added the resources to the executable
using command-line Rez tool.

This allowed me to run it from the Terminal.app command line, instead
of double clicking or using "open -a some.app" , and still have it
come up a GUI app.

I wonder if this might work with mach-o (mac) Python ?

BTW: What's the current status of bundling mach-o Python ?
 Can EasyDialogs.test() run successfully from bundled Python.app yet ?

( As I noted in an earlier message: I've been without a functional
  development machine for a while, which is why I'm asking instead
  of just trying it out myself! )

-- Steve