[Pythonmac-SIG] Announce: PythonCard 0.3.1 - need wxPython on the Mac

Donovan Preston dpreston@intersight.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:47:37 -0700

On Friday, August 10, 2001, at 01:23 PM, Robin Dunn wrote:

>> Will wxPython for OS X have Aqua stuff?
>>

> I don't think so.  I believe wxWindows for Mac is based on Carbon and
> if I
> understand correctly you need to use Cocoa to do the Aqua stuff, right?

No, that's incorrect. Carbon applications aquire the Aqua look
automatically. However, there is often the need to resize and move
around widgets as Aqua uses different sizing guidelines than most
operating systems (widgets are bigger).

Donovan