[Pythonmac-SIG] Packaging all toolbox modules in a package

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:33:47 +0200

> > > Even more major: how about :Mac:Lib and other assorted modules? A package
> > > named "Mac"?
> >
> > I haven't a clue, really.
>
> In what sense?
>
> It's a whole bunch of modules, including lib-toolbox, lib-scripting,
> lib-scriptpackages. "import findertools" becomes "from Mac import findertools".
> Worth it?

I that sense: I don't know whether it's worth it. There's really a whole
hierarchy of modules like Mac.Carbon.Res, Mac.findertools and
Mac.Scripting.Finder, but Python has (so far) had a pretty flat namespace.

We could of course stuff what is now :Mac:Lib (including the coming
:Mac:Lib:Carbon) into :Lib:Mac, add an __init__.py file and be done with it...