[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac module documentation

Chris Barker chrishbarker@home.net
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:16:42 -0700

Dean Draayer wrote:
> A while back, someone graciously volunteered to coordinate an effort
> to improve the documentation of the Mac-specific modules.
> Unfortunately, I can't recall who this was. Is someone still
> collecting documentation snippets? I have a some (not much yet, but
> every bit counts) that I would like to contribute.

That was me, and I'm sorry to report that I got no volunteers, so I
havn't done anything. I'm pretty short on time for this kind of thing,
so I need a motivator to make it a priority. If you, or anyone else, has
some pieces to add, I'd be glad to put them in the proper format, and
forward them on to Fred Drake, the Python documentation coordinator.

You can certainly get the docs source from CVS and add the
stuffyourself, but if you are working on a Mac, and not familiar with
CVS and LaTeX, it would probably be easier for me to do it.

By the way there is a lot of stuff in $PYTHON:mac:demo that it would be
great to edit a little and put into the "official" doc as well. It would
be great if someone would like to do that. I repeat my offer to put it
all together.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,