[Pythonmac-SIG] Scrap.GetScrap() ?

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:22:03 +0200

Jack Jansen wrote:

> > Is there a new (carbon?) interface for the Scrap manager or alternative in
> > Python 2.1? Scrap.GetScrap() seems to have dissappeared.
>
> Not yet. The Carbon scrap manager (or pasteboard manager or whatever it's
> called) needs to be bgen-ified. But as it was non-trivial I first moved on to
> other issues.

But now there is *no* clipboard access :-(

I don't understand why Apple doesn't support the old scrap manager under Carbon.
And it's really dumb to replace it with something "non-trivial".

As a workaround: can we use calldll to get GetScrap() from InterfaceLib? It
seems that's possible. But then: how do you pass a resource object to a calldll
func? (I realize this won't work under OSX, which is just fine for the time
being ;-)

Just