[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1 release candidate

TattooMabonzoK. TattooMabonzoK.
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:52:06 +0200

On Friday, April 27, 2001, at 11:49  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> There are new final candidate installers in
> ftp://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer .
>
> The only difference is that there is a new _tkinter.ppc.slb module
> that should have the bugs fixed that Russell reported. Again, I will
> wait one more day again to let people give this a try and then I'll
> move it to the standard place and advertise it. Russell: you are
> morally obliged to try this after causing me all this work:-)

Just double-checked and re-installed the latest candidate. Everything went
smooth (with the same minor caveats I mentioned in my previous e-mail).

I've just noticed that when Python is the frontmost app, the cursor blinks
when it's on located above the PythonInterpreter.out window. It doesn't
seem like this is normal behavior although it doesn't seem to do any harm.

Again a million thanks to Jack et all for pulling out this carbon native
release. I can now live in X and essentially never go back to 9. This is
soooooo cool :-)!

Bye now,

= tmk =