[Pythonmac-SIG] Now installed 1.5.2c1, less problems

Stefan Witzgall stefan.witzgall@online.de
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:27:59 +0200

Was
[Pythonmac-SIG] errors of every kind w/ MacPython 2.0, ...

OK, now I have installed 4(!) versions of MacPython on my machine (you
remember: a Mac OS 8.1 running PMac).

The version now installed is 1.5.2c1. I have less problems, tkinter runs
after the known hacks. Electrons are fine, Brownian in the Mac example
folder causes problems as it does with the newer versions, seems to be a
Pythonian problem. ped and the waste examples do not start up, the
interpreter falls into "quiet mode", but no error.

And a little astonishing, the following code doesn't work with 2.x (please
do not ask what version exactly or what fault. So many versions ... ;-) but
runs under the 1.5.2c1 interpreter: