[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on OS X: Multiple definitions of symbols

Tim Lahey tjlahey@sympatico.ca
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:09:41 -0400

All,

I built the latest beta of Python (2.1b2a) using:
./configure --with-dyld --with-suffix=.x
make
sudo make install

Next, I download pyobjc.so from sourceforge. That imports fine. I then
download and
compile PyXML and when I try and run the tests:

[localhost:python/PyXML-0.6.5/test] tjlahey% python test_howto.py
SAX tests:

dyld: python multiple definitions of symbol _main
python definition of _main
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so
definition of _main

Does anyone know how to fix these multiple definition of symbol
problems? I've had this
kind of problem with Numeric on OS X and I can't seem to figure out how
to fix this.

Thanks,

Tim Lahey