[Pythonmac-SIG] FileMaker Pro and Python

Erik van Blokland erik@letterror.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:02:35 +0100

adv.files@robbstucky.com (Advertising): [4/2/01 at 14:42]

> Should we be using Erik's FMProModule or the getsuitemodule.py generated
> package to control FileMaker Pro?

Sorry, I hadn't checked to see if FMPro works in Python 2.0, I was too busy
tinkering with X (like how do I even install 2.1 beta!?)

I seem to understand that all gensuite code now get their own Standard and
Required suites? I took the ones that work with 1.5.2, renamed them to
FM_Required_Suite and FM_Standard_Suite to be on the safe side. And changed the
imports respectively. Just to be on the safe side.

Moved the new and improved code to a freshly installed 2.0, added the folder
name to the prefs with EditPythonPrefs (this is important!) and ran the test
file successfully. Under MacOS 904. My 9.1 is out of commission for some reason.

If you plant the FMPro folder in the Python folder, on the same level as the IDE
applet, the entry for EditPythonPrefs should read:
$(PYTHON):FMPro_v0.54

Of course you can put the folder anywhere, regular python rules apply.

Did the same for a clean 1.5.2 install and it worked as well.

So. The new modules can be picked up at
  http://www.letterror.com/code/fmpro/

Or if you want the file directly:
  http://www.letterror.com/code/fmpro/FMPro.hqx