[Pythonmac-SIG] "Official" mac python Docs Project: requests for help/comments

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:24:20 +0200

> For the moment, could someone send me at lest
> one line about each of the following:
>
> > cfmfile - Ditto.

Cfmfile is a module that understands Code Fragments and the accompanying
"cfrg" resources. It can parse them and merge them, and is used by
BuildApplication to combine all plugin modules to a single executable.

> > icopen - Very handy module, but I've never used it. Should be
> >         documented.

It's documented in the source. The one-liner is that importing icopen will
replace the builtin open() with a version that uses Internet Config to set
file type and creator for new files.

> > macerrors - can be documented with a one-liner somewhere.

macerrors cotains constant definitions for many MacOS error codes.

> > macfsn - Auto-imported to replace StandardFile calls in macfs with
> >         NavServices calls. one-liner is macfs is probably ok.

macfsn contains wrapper functions that have the same API as the macfs
StandardFile calls, but are implemented with Navigation Services. Importing it
will replace the methods in macfs with these, if Navigation Services is
available on your machine.

> > nsremote - Should probably be documented.

nsremote is a wrapper around the Netscape OSA modules that allows you to
easily send your browser to a given url.

> > PixMapWrapper - Should be documented

PixMapWrapper wraps a PixMap object with a Python object that allows access to
the fields by name. It also has methods to convert to/from PIL images.

> > quietconsole - Should be documented

quietconsole allows you to keep stdio output in a buffer without displaying it
(or without displaying the stdio window altogether, if set with
EditPythonPrefs) until you try to read from stdin or disable the buffering, at
which point all the saved output is sent to the window. Good for GUI programs
that do want to display their output at a crash.