[Pythonmac-SIG] API_MAC_CARBON

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:07:06 -0500 (EST)

Jack:
I noticed some of the  "#if !TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON" in the sources.
What exactly is the state of Carbonization of MacPython ?

Is you build environment out-of-the-box Codewarrior ?
( and what version? 5? ) or are you using one of the
later Universal Interfaces on top of CW's headers.

Have you looked at all at the question of supporting the new
carbon event model ?
I'm guessing that to really work, SIOUX, GUSI and Tk would
also need to support the new event model. I don't think there's
been much new work done on Tk for Mac, so I doubt that there's
any help there. What about GUSI ?

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."