[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python for Mac OS X public beta

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:57:38 -0700

At 22:01 +0200 10/19/00, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Folks,
>as the developer tools aren't available on MacOSX for mere mortals
>(you either have to be an apple developer to get them, or go out and
>find the Darwin tools and load those) could one of the people who was
>involved with getting Python to run on OSX whip up a binary
>distribution?

But the level of "developerness" needed is very low:  the no cost online
developer status is enough (it also carries license agreement(s) which
should be read before plunging on.

Once one has the online developer status, the tools are just a 70 meg
download away (and a slightly troubled install:  don't let Stuffit Expander
near the downloaded archive...use command line gzip and tar instead (I
forget--not having done it--whether the z flag to tar works in the version
in Mac OS X).

>If needed I can provide ftpspace to put it, but I don't have the time
>to put this thing together...

None of my mumblings above creates any extra time for Jack, so it doesn't
solve the problem.

  --John (no Mac OS X capable machine)

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA