[Pythonmac-SIG] Darwin build of Python-2.0c1

Johann Hibschman johannh@uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:21:36 -0700

On Tuesday, October 10, 2000, at 01:07 PM, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

>  I was getting very frustrated trying to figure out how to 'fix'
> your fixes on the previous release: some things that were patched
> didn't seem to take (like the -lcc_dynamic for example ) - maybe they
> were patched in the wrong place. However, despite all my efforts
> to start clean, almost every make seemed to work differently.
>  Reflecting on this, I realize that make and configure are the ultimate
> context dependent tools -- obviously by design -- that's what they are
> there for -- but it takes only a slight change in the environment to
> make a problem irreproducible!

Oh, gosh, that reminds me!

Tony, I tried your patches to get 2.0b2 to compile, and I ran into a few
problems.

My set of compiler tools didn't recognize "-undefined ignore".  It wanted
"-undefined suppress" instead.

After that switch, it worked fine.  Has anyone else run into this?
I guess I should try 2.0c1 now.

Also, I had to resort to a bit of hackery to get Numeric-17.0 to compile,
but now I'm uncertain whether it's just my set of compilation tools, which
I "borrowed" from the Darwin 1.0.2 distribution.

--J