[Pythonmac-SIG] Time to switch to 2.0??

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:21:50 -0800

Hi all,

I am in the early stages of a substantial project using Python, NumPy
and an assortment of extensions I am writing myself. I am developing
most of it on Linux, but I am also working on the Mac, and need it to
work well there.

My question is this:

Is it time to switch to 2.0 ? I would like to use some of 2.0's
features, but I can't deal with bugs at the moment. Has 2.0 turned out
to be stable and usable with NumPy on the Mac?? A few minor install
issues is fine, but it needs to run well once it is set up.

How is it working for you all?
(OS 8.6, but I may switch to 9 soon anyway, if it makes a difference)

-thanks,

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,