[Pythonmac-SIG] My attempts to use 1.6a3

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:42:51 -0700

Jack Jansen wrote:

> > and the interpreter crashes with a "type 11 error"
>
> It works for me, although Python behaves weird after you quit the test
> dialog. Did you test it from PythonInterpreter or from IDE? You cannot
> use Tkinter from IDE, and horrible things happen if you try. We'll try
> to put in a warning in the next release.

I just tried it again from the interpreter (NOT the IDE), and it crashed
again. My understanding is that running tk form the interpreter is
problematic anyway, so it's no big deal.

> > Testing EditPythonPrefs:
> > -----------------------------------
>
> Fixed in the sources. The easy fix is to change nonavservice in
> Mac:lib:pythonprefs.py to nonavservices.

Thanks, that did it.

> > testing BuildApplication:
> >
> > When I run the application, however, I get the error:
> >
> > 'import macfsn' failed; use -v for traceback
> > XXX rds_object called with exception set
> > ImportError: No module named macfsn
>
> Again a stupid omission on my side. BuildApplication doesn't know that
> all programs implicitly include macfsn. Adding an "import macfsn" to
> your source is the quickest workaround (since then BuildApplication
> does know it's needed).

Another little note on BuildApplication: It asks whether you want a Fat,
PPC or 68k app, but I thought 68k was no longer supported.

Also, I still need to keep telling it where PythonCore is. How do I stop
that?

-chris

--
Christopher Barker,