[Pythonmac-SIG] Building Python on OS X DR/4

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:21:31 +0200

> This is probably violating my NDA, but I am trying to build Python on OS X
> DR/4.

Hm, you're right, DP4 is under NDA. Hadn't noticed that before, and it's also
a bit strange for something which they gave away to every Mac developer on the
face of the earth:-)

> Of course it's a dream to build under DR/4 vs Classic MacOS as you have all
> the GNU tools.
> In fact, it built from start to finish without an error, but when I ran the
> test example, it failed when running the tests.

Could you be a bit more specific? Which tests failed? How? I've seen one
problem with Python (but I only tried on DP3) and that was that you had to
fiddle the Makefile if you built on an HFS+ partition (a name conflict between
the python binary and the Python directory).

Also: I assume your building standard Python, or are you building MacPython
from the CVS repository?