[Pythonmac-SIG] Wkeys modification

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 16:08:58 +0100

At 9:04 AM -0400 01-07-2000, Gordon Worley wrote:
>Just,
>
>In the Wkeys file, is there any reason why
>
>clearkey = "\033"
>
>is not included?  I'm getting tired of implimenting this in each
>script that needs it.  Is it just that when the file was created the
>keyboard that was used didn't have a clear key?

Erm, you mean the key at the top left of the numeric keypad? On my keyboard
it says "num verg" which is abbreviated dutch for "num lock". But it does
indeed appear to clear things in some apps... I've _never_ used that key --
it's about the cleanest key on my keyboard...

I'll add it to Wkeys.py, so look for it in the next release.

Just