Re(2): [Pythonmac-SIG] GUSI (background question)

chriss@dnastar.com chriss@dnastar.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:12:32 -0600

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000, Jack Jansen <jack@oratrix.nl> wrote:

>Some GUSI data structures are freed twice, it seems. Turning off the
>malloc-debug switch during Python compilation will mask the problem
>(MacPython is usually compiled with malloc debug, which fills free()d
>blocks with 0x2a (42 in decimal:-) so that accessing memory after
>you've freed it will result in quick death (and detection).

We must have things put together alittle differently, I've flaming out on
every exit, even after replacing your BSD Malloc with MSL's.

By the way what I have is also PythonStandalone - no dll's isues yet.

Christopher Stern
DNAStar,1228 South Park
Madison,  WI 53715-2102, USA
ph: 608.258.7420 ext. 25