[Pythonmac-SIG] CVS tree

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:56:23 +0100

Recently, Rob Managan <managan@llnl.gov> said:
> I would like to know how to build the current CVS tree. I just got a
> fresh copy of both python and the Mac stuff. I end up with many
> warnings as I build PythonCorePPC but one error due to a change in
> MSL IO routines. Apparently MetroWerks pulled the __num_to_file
> routine which GUSI uses.
>
> I haven't gone to the GUSI 2 yet. Is that required or is there a work
> around for this??

Yes, the workaround is RTFWP (uhm... lemme look... Yes, this is
actually described on http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html;-). You
should get the special GUSI mentioned on the MacPython webpage to
compile the current sources (or the 1.5.2c1 sources, for that matter,
if you use the current CW compiler).

GUSI 2 doesn't work yet, because there are some fixes Guido should
check in and he's away, and there's also still a few glitches with
runtime support that we haven't figured out yet.