[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonCGISlave conflict with SMTPlib? (MacOS 9, Pers. Web Sharing)

Bob Heeter bob@heeter.org
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:58:51 -0700

Hi again -

Many, many thanks, Just, for the speedy response.  That solution works like
a charm, except the call to apply uses MacOS.SchedParams and not
MacOS.SetSchedParams (at least for me - I'm running Python 1.5.2c1).
I've been running my CGI applets in the background, so that was no problem.

FWIW, in addition to putting this email notification bit into PythonCGIslave's
exception-handling code, I've also added some code so that, when
a PythonCGISlave-based CGI applet is launched in LONG_RUNNING mode,
it loads in some persistent data from a file, and then periodically
reloads the data according to a programmable update schedule.
The CGI can then use the data without having to reload it every time it
gets asked to handle an event, which speeds up the response (on my poor
sluggish server at least).  I've also written a utility function for
easily sending email attachments.

If anyone's interested I'd be happy to share, but being relatively new
to Python I assume these sorts of things are old hat to the experts here?

-- Bob

Bob Heeter
Livermore, California