[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter, hopefully simple questions

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:41:24 -0700

Has anybody been successful in attaching the standard cut, copy and
paste menu items (with key accelerators) to a Text item in Tkinter?
I'm not having much luck. By default the Edit menu appears, but does
not seem to be attached to anything. "Effective Tcl/Kt Programming"
(a great book, by the way) suggests binding to the <<Cut>>, <<Copy>>
and <<Paste>> virtual events, but they don't seem to exist in the
Python world.

I suspect I'll have to build my own Edit menu to replace the one that
normally appears, which brings up the second question...how does one
implement key accelerators in menus?

Finally, has anybody found the Tkinter equivalent to Tk's "event
add", to create new events?

-- Russell